Tag Heuer Have Done it Again
Read time 4-5 mins
Tag Heuer has unveiled many watches over time which has dazzled us and cemented Tag Heuer as a quality watchmaker who is not afraid to go against convention when it comes to watchmaking.
Tag Heuer's Heritage
Here are a few examples of some of their most famous pieces.
- Mikogirder 10,000 which is accurate to 5/10,000th of a second and produces 7.2 million beats an hour.
- The Grand Carrera Pendulum which went against tradition as the oscillator’s balancing wheel was using magnets instead of the traditional hairspring.
- The MP4-12C inspired by the McLaren Formula 1 car. The watch is an interpretation of performance and precision.
Newest Addition to the Tag Heuer Family
Tag Heuer has not disappointed when it comes to unveiling their watches and that was again the case when they revealed their latest addition, the diamond-encrusted Modular 45 smartwatch which is going to set you back almost $200,000.
What’s remarkable is not the price but what it’s been adorned with which is 589 diamonds which adds up to 23.35 Carats.
What Can You Buy With $200,000?
The idea of owning a $200,000 smartwatch may appeal to some but what else could you get for $200,000?
- You could operate the Air Force One aircraft which carries the US President for only one-hour due to the sheer size of the logistical operation it requires.
- You could buy a 2017 Audi R8 with a V10 engine.
- Spacious two-story home in Atlanta.
As you can see, you have a lot of choices if you $200,000 to spend but beauty has always been in the eye of the beholder.
The original modular 45 will only cost $1,500 which is a far cry from its sibling which is boasting white-gold and being completely diamond encrusted. Nonetheless, the modular 45 does contain some interesting features.
Features of the Tag Heuer Modular 45
- NFC (Contactless payments).
- Companion app.
- Customisable Tag Heuer dials.
- 50m waterproof.
The diamond-encrusted Modular 45 is certainly going to brighten someone’s day (and wrist) but Tag Heuer have once again given us something to think about when we look at watches and William George & Co. look forward to writing about the next one. If you would like to read more on Tag Heuer then take a look at our article "Luxury Watchmaking Spotlight - Tag Heuer" here
SIHH - International Watch Event
The SIHH (Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie) is a jewel on the watch calendar and a great place to see the watch trends at the beginning of the year. For more information on what SIHH is about then read our blog post.
Keep the conversation going or share it with someone who you think will enjoy it as much as you did.